Pacific Northwest ASPMN Presents
Pain Management and Risks Associated with Substance Use
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
530-700pm Pacific (PDT) via Zoom
- Marian Wilson, PhD, MPH, RN, PMGT-BC
- Timothy Sowicz, PhD, NP-C
- Upon completion the attendee of this activity will be able to identify best practices of pain management in the context of risks associated with substance use.
- Learners will be able to identify how substance use concerns can create barriers to effective pain management.
- Learners will understand importance of holistic information gathering for people with pain.
- Learners will apply clinical guidelines to screen a person with pain for substance use
This important program will be free for all our Pacific Northwest ASPMN chapter members and friends. Register on our website The Pacific Northwest Chapter of ASPMN | Nursing Network
Zoom information will be sent upon registration
530pm – Welcome and meeting overview
545-7pm – Presentation and discussion
Planning committee members:
Patti Maloy, BSN, RN-BC
Gayle Murphey, BSN, RN
Holly Watson, MS, MA, ANP-BC
The presenter and planning committee members report no conflicts of interest.
Greater Kansas City Chapter of the American Society for Pain Management Nursing is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 2.0 CNE applicable for RN, LPN, or LMHT relicensure . No pharmaceutical contact hours for APN are included. Kansas State Board of Nursing Provider Number: LT0279-0412 – GKCC484.
ASPMN-PNW; PO Box 10086, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110