The Journal of Addictions Nursing (JAN), the official journal of the International Nurses Society on Addictions (IntNSA), is a peer-reviewed quarterly international journal publishing original articles on current research, issues, practices and innovations as they relate to the field of addictions. Submissions are solicited from professional nurses and other healthcare professionals engaged in treatment, prevention, education, research, and consultation.
Each issue of the Journal of Addictions Nursing contains original full-length papers as well as several regular feature sections:
- Perspectives features points of view and commentaries on relevant issues
- Media Watch provides summaries and critiques of print and digital resources
- Innovative Roles examines unique roles that nurses in addictions are implementing
- Research Reviews offers summaries and critiques of research studies in the field
- The Journal publishes occasional special issues that explore important topics in the field of addictions nursing in depth. The Journal also offers continuing education credits for nursing addiction professionals.
The International Nurses Society on Addictions (IntNSA) is a professional specialty organisation for nurses who are committed to the prevention, intervention, treatment, and management of substance abuse, misuse, and addictive disorders including:
- Alcohol and other drug dependencies
- Nicotine dependencies
- Eating disorders
- Co-occurring disorders
- Impulse-control disorders, such as gambling and sex
IntNSA members can view full issues of the JAN online as part of your membership to IntNSA. You can access the online journal through the Member’s Only area of the website.
Submit a Manuscript
IntNSA invites original manuscripts on current research, issues, practices and innovations as they relate to the field of addictions. Would you like to submit your work and contribute to the journal?
Advertise in the journal
If you are interested in advertising in the journal, please see our rate card and get in touch.
Beginning in 2018, we will offer a quarterly Journal Club. During the Journal Club meeting, we will evaluate and discuss research studies presented in the Journal of Addictions Nursing, considering the implications of the study for clinical practice, education and research. The inaugural meeting of the Journal Club will be held at our 2018 Conference in Denver, however, all future meetings will be on line via our Twitter Chat. Dates and details will be posted on this page, and via our ‘news feed’ and social media apps.