Discover all of the benefits of being part of a global community of addictions nurses. We also offer discounts on membership dues for those in lower-income countries.
Join IntNSA Qatar today
With a variety of educational and networking opportunities, access to our Journal on Addictions Nursing and discounts on our annual conference, there has never been a better time to join IntNSA.
The Qatar chapter is affiliated with IntNSA and abides by the IntNSA bylaws.
IntNSA is a professional specialty organization founded in 1975. IntNSA’s mission is to advance excellence in nursing care for the prevention and treatment of addiction for diverse populations across all practice settings through advocacy, collaboration, education, research and policy development.
The Qatar Chapter of the International Nurses Society on Addictions (IntNSA), the first IntNSA Chapter in the MENA region, was founded in January 2023 in Naufar, Doha. It will serve as a forum for nurses in Qatar and the region for the prevention, treatment, and recovery of substance use disorders as well as an innovative precision-medicine approach.
Vision, mission and goals
- Increase the network of nurses working in the field of addiction across the Arab countries and internationally.
- Enhance awareness and understanding of addiction, and its impact on the individual, family and community.
- Increase community awareness that substance use disorders are health issues and reduce stigma.
- Provide professional education and training for nurses.
- Promote research, evidence-based practice, and knowledge resources to advance skill and competence of nurses working in the field of addiction.